1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Saturday, October 21, 2017

I am Winner, In Something

I was the lucky winner of this year's Gift-A-Cuffs-the box I picked up for the contest had two extra hits and was a foil hot box as well. I can tell you I ripped this box in about 15 minutes. I was wishing it was another foil hot box so I could go further in building it out. No need to have any suspense regarding this-it wasn't. Below I boiled down the break down of the Price box versus the Contest box which is the number in the parentheses. I can say had I paid $120 bucks for this I would have been ticked off. I think better to buy a retail box at $50.

Box Loader 4, (7)

Piscotty
Fowler
Grichuk
Yadi
Weaver
Reyes

Favorite Team 6 (7)
Yanks -8
Penalty -1
Bonus +4 (-5 for bonus/penalty/yanks)
Other favorite Player 6 (5)
Full Size SP  22.5 (11)

Full Size Base Cards Totals

Prize Box 29, Contest Box 18

Full Size Inserts

What a Day 25 (25)
Revolutionary Battles 6 (4)
Sports Fish and Lures 10 (10)
World’s Fair 8 (10)

Rediscover Topps 4 (4) Again the same because of odds-

Full Size Insert Totals

Prize Box 49, Contest Box 49 (No surprise since the odds are exactly the same)

Mini Non Inserts

SP 3
Black Mini 8
Black SP 6
A&G Backs 8

Above total 25 (37) Big difference here was the first box’s Bazooka Back

Mini Inserts


Worlds Dudes 6
Required Reading 2
Constellations 2
Magicians 2

Above total 12 (10)

Hits

Full Size Game Used

FSRB-GY Christian Yelich 5

FSRA-AG Adrian Gonzales 5

Mini Framed Auto
Paul Finebaum  +7

Hits total 17, (33.38) Favorite Team Printing Plate in first box the difference

Prize Box total 140.5, Contest Box (not including Foil Hot Box Bonus) 158.38

The big difference other than the Foil Hot box was the two extra hits-the Dexter Fowler printing plate and the Bazooka back mini. It was interesting that the Prize box had more base card SPs. I liked pulling the auto but honestly I had to look him up, as I am not really much in to football-except for University of Michigan. Funny thing is that when I opened the pack with the auto I could see the brown of the frame peeking out and was so excited to see who it was. The last two GAC I pulled two women I really wanted and I was hopeful this too would be the case, alas no.

I don’t know about you all but I could use more parallels versus game used from less the exciting people.

I big thank you to Mark AKA the Comish and to Topps for the prize-

2 comments: