1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Tis the time for TriStar Part 1

Saturday was the annual TriStar show at the Cow Palace. This year it opened on Saturday at 930am which I really appreciated. When it opened I walked up a couple of isles on the look out for "Relic Guy". Relic Guy is at the thrice annual Serramonte show and always has a ton of Relics, Game Used, and Autos for three bucks, and less than that if you buy several. He also bought a sports card store out in Santa Monica so he has some better regular and insert singles. Honestly I think my approach to the TriStar and Serramonte shows is to think of them as an opportunity to purchase relics, game used, and autos at a reasonable price because there are no such thing as dime boxes here. What I see are quarter, fifty cent, and dollar boxes most often filled with base cards of recent issues. Sorry I am not that gullible. Below are the few singles I picked up.

So this show provided just a few modern singles to add to the collection some of my favs below. Of course adding a new Yadi is always good-Paul DeJong is exciting to watch and he will appear in a follow-up post. I bought in Nacho Grande's Heritage Break but didn't land the Brock and Carlton Flashback cards. Last card I want to show is the 2015 Stadium Club Orange Cepeda.
Yadier Molina 2018 Topps Opening Day OD-10

Paul DeJong 2017 Topps Chrome Update Target & 2018 Gypsy Queen Blue #113/250

Lou Brock & Steve Carlton 2018 Topps Heritage Flashbacks
Yep that is it. There are probably 20 more regular, insert, parallel cards I picked up but aren't as exciting. Next TriStar post will feature some game used/relics. I was able to chat with friend of the blog Mr Haverkamp-which is always a pleasure. I spent a total of two hours at the show.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so bummed that I wasn't around for the show. My buddy told me the COMC guy was set up there. Always enjoy digging through his cheap stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bummed for you too-the COMC guy was selling relics, game used, and autos for 75 cents!!!! Crazy cheap-and decent ones too. He didn't get to bring much because another guy was suppose to do it but canceled at last minute so he brought what he could

    ReplyDelete