1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Black Friday put me in Black Mood

Happy post-Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Like many of you I bought a few boxes from Dave and Adams' Cards and Blowout Cards during their Black Friday sales.
I can't say I am overly impressed with the way Blowout Cards ran theirs. I was manipulated, or least felt I was. I had watched the "door buster" promos and eyed a few boxes to pick up. Including Super Break Frozen Heirlooms box at $9.99. Now I am not a hockey collector per se but for half the cost of a blaster I will get 3 autos etc from Hall of Fame Players-I am in. SO I have a few in to my cart only with a box of Pinnacle Baseball. I have them in there for a little while as more deals are released. Then I noticed they are down to 5 boxes-so I pull the trigger. Paid god knows what for shipping and there ya go.
However, a few minuets later the deal is "reposted" with about 300 more boxes! This in addition to the 80 or so they said they originally had. So this makes me very angry and is poor marketing as I would have purchased a few different boxes including Topps' Heritage Minors etc. if they would have don't this.

On the bright side Dave and Adams was a smooth ride-picked up a box of 2016 Donrrus Optic Baseball plus their shipping is less the $7. The only draw back is the selection from Dave and Adam's Cards isn't as strong as Blowout Cards. In the future, I will need to develop a new strategy.

That is enough of me complaining. What Blowout Cards could do and I don't know the logistics of this but they could allow you to pay for the boxes as you go then once done calculate shipping etc. Plus I never get a confirmation for orders unlike Dave and Adam's which does come quickly.

I will enjoy busting some boxes and seeing what is revealed-Bobby Orr graded rookie card? I would be so lucky-as that may pay off a couple of cars.
Configuration: 3 hits per box.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
- Frozen Heirlooms is an incredible release Spanning 80 Years of Hockey History
- Find: 1960's,1970's, 1980's, 1990's, 2000's Autographed Semi-stars, Stars , Fan Favorites , Rookies and Hall of Famers falling 3 Per Box!
- These Autographed Buy Back Cards are all Authenticated by the following Sources: Super Products Inc., & the Major Third Party Authentication Sources

These Items WILL be falling multiple times per case on average:
A Super Surprise replaces a standard Buy Back Autograph Card.
- Game Used and Certified Hockey Jerseys
- The Bar 1/1 Cut Auto's
- Vintage Graded Hockey Greats Buy Back Cards
- Modern Super Stars Autographed, Memorabilia & Rookie Buy Back Cards
- Certified Autographed Jerseys, Photos, Magazines, Pucks, Photo Cuts and Team Signed Pieces

Find Top Scorers and Goalies from 2016 and the way back to the 1930's
Find players in the race for the Championship
Find the Greatest to players the game in buybacks and Certified Memorabilia
Redemption coupons will be placed inside boxes- We will ship free to the 50 United States and Canada.

2 comments:

  1. $9.99 for three autographs? That's a sweet deal. Looks like they're now selling them for $12.99. I thought about picking up a few even for that price, but backed out. Lol. Gotta save my money for Serramonte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed-my wife is saying no hockey cards-other than Blues-I get it but a chance is a chance. Indeed we will see ya in Serramonte

      Delete