1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

BREAKING NEW(s) Archives pick up

Thanks to Ray of the very readable blog All Cardinals All the Time left a comment on yesterday's posting of Redbird Archives Autos and turned me on to an unknown to me 2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites Andy Van Slyke Auto and what a nice looking card-and unlucky for me the EBay listing ended last night at about 6pm! Just minuets before I checked the comments, arrr.... but any who it isn't the only copy out there. So an alert has been set. Big thank you to Ray for this heads up. When I reviewed the Archives Auto checklists I had difficulty determining if the player's auto was when they were with the Cardinals or not.

 
 
Not sure if the above warrants a special posting but the below does and I also have Ray to thank for picking it up for less than the cost of two Blasters. I wasn't planing on doing so but the price was good and there were only 5 minuets left of bidding. Tadah! Stunning shiny goodness. I probably will lay low on picking up but a few cards in March and the first week of April as I will be attending the annual Tri-Star show in April and look to knock off some vintage singles from our want list. But what a way to end February
 
 

.



6 comments:

  1. That's a killer Brock. On card too! Nice pick up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you-there is Bob Gibson with a 1974 design that is on card but a little over my budget

      Delete
  2. Great looking cards. Too bad Van Slyke is in that ugly Cards uniform :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of our worst trades-sometime I actually forget he was a Redbird

      Delete
  3. Hope you can snag the Van Slyke. To this day it is the only redemption that I have sent off to Topps. Love the Brock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the heads up Ray I really appreciate it

      Delete