1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Friday, September 26, 2014

Better than a Blaster #8

It has been a little while since I have posted a BTAB because the few that I have been picking up have been too bad to write about-I know that it shouldn't determine whether I blog about it but I hate to be negative too much. So this BTAB is one I bid on within the last hour of the Bay auction.

Here is the description

"HUGE Cardinals Lot_285 dif cards with 18 TRUE ROOKIES & 34 INSERTS_FREE S&H!

This auction consists of 285 all different cards of St. Louis Cardinals players from the years 1992 to 2013.  Many different brands are represented including Donruss, Fleer, Bazooka, Bowman, Stadium Club, Topps, and others.  Of the 285 cards 34 cards are inserts and 18 are TRUE ROOKIE cards.  All cards are in GREAT condition and the rookie cards and insert cards are pictured in the scan.  Inserts include parallels and 1 re-print (Ozzie Smith). "

So what did my winning $8.00 bid get me?  It go me exactly 285 all different cards. So accurate description is a plus in my book.

Number of cards in lot: 285
Cost of lot with shipping: $8
Cost per card: 2.8 cents per card.
Cost per card of cards needed (139): 5.75 cents per card
Quality: 3 out of 3 Blasters
Value: 3 out of 3 Blasters
Expectations: 1 Blasters

This was a solid blaster and I surmise this person was a collector of Cardinals since the cards were by player across several brands and years. As of late I have been burned by expectations and bad if not misleading descriptions. This one delivered on its promise and I was able to add quality cards-and only a couple of junk wax cards. The lot was heavy on late 90s early 2000s Bowman, Fleer, and Topps. Surprising the Upper Deck and Donruss were not so representative. I do wish there were some Pacific included but the lot only consisted of the aforementioned brands above plus Score and Score Select. So what were the highlights? How about some cool 1997 Score Select Brian Jordan and Ray Lankford, and Alan Benes.

A 1998 Fleer Ultra Brian Jordan as a catcher, a 2001 Fleer Ultra J.D Drew, a 1998 Fleer Sports Illustrated Eli Marrero, and 1999 Stadium Club Ray Lankford.





These beauties as well, Fleer Sports Illustrated Eli Morrero, 2010 Turkey Red Matt Holliday, and a 1998 UD Collector’s Choice Starquest Lankford. All in all a great BTAB.


No comments:

Post a Comment