1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Friday, February 28, 2014

STL Native MLB Player Card of the Week #2

Hello good sir, what is your name? My name is Outman. What do you? I pitch. Get outta here!

This week I was actually going to post a player with a crazy cool nickname, at least I hope it was a nickname. However, I thought I would check Wiki to see if there is another player in the Majors from good ol’ Lindbergh High School. Indeed there is a current major league player from Lindbergh playing and his name, I can’t make this up, is Josh Outman. Yes Josh is a pitcher! 

Josh was born in STL in 1984! OMG I am getting old. When I was a junior there he was born, man this is getting depressing fast. After graduation he went on to Central Missouri State University. He was then drafted in the 10th round by the Phillies (307th overall). On July 17, 2008 he was traded to the Oakland As along with two other players for Joe Blanton.

With Oakland in 2008 he appeared in 6 games (started 4), had a record of 1 and 2, an ERA of 4.56, and 19 strike outs. The following year he was 4 and 1 for the Oakland As. On January 16, 2012 he was traded to the Colorado Rockies with one other player for Seth Smith.

With Colorado his best year was 2013 when he was in 61 games, had a record of 3 and 0, ERA of 4.33, and 0 saves.

Again he was traded this time from the Rockies to the Indians on December 18th, 2013 for Drew Stubbs.


This card is from 2009 O-Pee-Chee #564 Black. As I mentioned in a previous post I love the 2009 O-Pee-Chee set.


No comments:

Post a Comment