1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Sunday, March 23, 2014

My 2014 Heritage box break.

I know many blog postings have been written about this year’s Heritage. In spite of this I will offer my experience opening a hobby box. I really enjoyed opening this box, as this is one of favorite vintage Topps design. I can't wait until they do the 1967 design. I was ripping through those packs like some giddy 11-year-old kid. What did the carcass of the box give up besides no dupes? First we received no Yadi anything not even a base card. Bummer. What Cardinals did we get? We picked up several Wainos including NL Pitching Leaders, Base, and a Then & Now insert with Gibby.


Rookies Kolten Wong, Audrey Perez, and Kevin Siegrist.
Young players such as Shelby Miller, Trevor Rosenthal, and Carlos Martinez were busted out of packs.
                                       Will he make the rotation this year out of Spring Training?

We also received vets Allen Craig, Peter Bourjos, and Lance Lynn (I hope he doesn’t have some of the same issues as last year). Finally a cool Baseball Flashback insert about Gibby.
                             I had no idea he shut out the Cubbies 11 times in his career.

Since the world, for the most part, doesn’t revolve around the Cardinals what other goodies did we receive? Derek Jetter Action Variation (1:23 hobby packs),
Clubhouse Collection Jayson Werth (up for trade),
Justin Upton Chrome #387 out of 999 (also up for trade), Jurikson Profar Chrome #21 out of 999 (also up for trade),
and Chrome Refractor Yu Darvish #101 out of 565 (not for trade, another guy like Miggy I seem to pull often). I wish I would have pulled a Yadi and an auto instead of a relic from a non-Cardinal. I visited two area Targets this week and no Heritage but I will be on the look out as I plan to buy a blaster, a rack and single pack. Perhaps later on in the year if the prices on boxes drop I will pick up another.

No comments:

Post a Comment