1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Monday, January 30, 2017

A Ray of Sunshine

Recently fellow Redbird blogger Ray of All Cardinals All The Time asked me if he should be on the look out for anything at the STL Cardinals Winter Warm Up (WWU). A kind gesture indeed-I asked him if he would mind looking out for minor league cards. The WWU is on our bucket list. Not sure I will open the packs or not.

Booya! Ray sent some sweet team sets-above is the team set for the 2015 Peoria Chiefs (Class A of the Midwest League) were 75-63. Notable Cardinal minor leaguers on this team-Harrison Bader
Alex De Leon, Paul DeJong, Oscar Mercado, Magneuris Sierra, Luis Perdomo and Daniel Poncedeleon.


2016 Peoria Chief (73-66)  notable members of this team was Magneuris Sierra, Edmundo Sosa
Ronnie Williams, and Jake Woodford.


2016 Springfield Cardinals (AA Texas League (North) Harrison Bader, Paul DeJong, Anthony Garcia, Austin Gomber, Juan Herrera, Carson Kelly, Cole Lankford, Alex Mejia, Andrew Morales, Daniel Poncedeleon, Breyvic Valera, Luke Weaver, Jacob Wilson, Corey Littrell, and Mike Mayers.

If this wasn't enough Ray sent some Yadi goodness. Then there is this beauty.
It is a Yadi bobble magnet! I assumed the window pane is metal, but alas no. So I found the next best thing. A picture of my and my better half. Thank you Ray!


















6 comments:

  1. Gotta love minor league team sets - I still think of the Chiefs as a Cubs affiliate though. Clearly my brain is lagging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony you are correct they were Cardinals, then Cubies, now Cardinals. I want to say the Redbirds bought the team.

      Delete
  2. Glad you liked them. Now that I know you like the minors also, I will have to buy 2 sets this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, I find these are not easy to find. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Minor league sets rule. I'm jealous every time I look to the right side of your blog and see that 2001 Appalachian League Yadi. Amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my good man-once you make through the box you will find the old Expos Vermont team. Funny thing perhaps in 2013 or 2012 I was in Burlington and kicked by to see a gam-bought my tickets got the bleachers and then got rained out-rrr...

      Delete