1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Friday, February 7, 2014

2014 Topps isn't that bad, heck it is a pretty attractive flagship issue.

Everyone has thoughts on the flagship 2014 Topps issue. So here is mine, I like the design it is simple, straight to the point and I like the team’s logo and name on the card. I hope next year they get away from the white but in comparison to the 2009, 2010, and the 2011 flagship sets I will take the 2014 set all day long.

I pre-ordered a jumbo box and had a good time busting it open. I was able to complete the first series only missing #86 Wilmer Flores RC, #285 Jonathan Lucroy, and #330 Evan Longoria all which I will get through Sportslots, Just Commons, etc.

I had some excellent hits; first off I did pull the base Yadier and the gold parallel which is the first time I have pulled any Yadi but the base card. I also pulled a silk Miggy Cabrera and a Miggy Printing Plate. I seem to pull more Miggy hits than any other player. For example last year I pulled a dual Al Kaline and Miggy relic from a Hot Rack Pack of 2013 Topps Heritage I picked up on Ebay,  perhaps I should PC Miggy?  Class Ring Gold Babe Ruth # to 99, Framed Rookie Reprint # to 199 of Tony Gwynn, Tony was my wife’s favorite player growing up in San Diego , a keeper for sure. We also pulled a Trajectory Auto of Christian Yelich.

I pulled some of the other inserts but for a Cardinals fan like us we pulled not only the two Yadi cards but the jumbo box also yielded an All Rookie Cup Team Albert Pujols, two of the three Shelby Miller Future is Now  insets, the base set of Cardinals, and last but not least a Trajectory Bruce Sutter Relic. This is my first Cardinals relic I have pulled and I have only pulled one Cardinals auto in the past and this was Colby Rasmus, still a Cardinal hit.

All in all this was an excellent box of cards and I plan to purchase another Jumbo later in the year when the prices drop. Any one who wants to trade a Yadi Printing Plate or Silk for a Miggy one please let me know.





No comments:

Post a Comment