1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Sunday, April 6, 2014

I've been Fujied!

I have been Fujied. A few weeks ago I received a care package from Fuji and since it was the week that my wife and I were preparing for a getaway I haven’t been able to blog the goodies I received from him. What did I receive? First up a 2013 Topps Finest Yadi Refractor! Niiceee!





He also included some Cardinal autos this one Jon Jay (2007 Tristar Signature Moves). This is my first Jay auto. I really hope he is able to stick around with the logjam in the outfield for the Birds. Another auto this one a Topps Archives 1954 Cot Deal!
I can’t say I was familiar with Cot before this card arrived. Cot played a few years with the Red Sox and the Cardinals. He spent many years coaching in several organizations. This is what I like about cards you get to learn about players from the past and the present.

Sticking with the old-timer theme Fuji included a Johnny Mize from the 2011 Topps Champions of Games and Sports insert.  Johnny played 15 seasons in the Majors with the Cardinals, the New York Giants and Yankees and has 5 World Series rings to show for it.

Another Stan card in the stack is a 1977 TCMA #16 Stan Musial.
I really like this card as it has a really cool picture. Last of the oldies but goodies are a 2009 Topps Legends of the Game Rogers Hornsby. He was a two-time Triple Crown winner, NL MVP X2, and 1926 World Series champ with the Cards.

2010 Topps Legendary Lineage insert with Stan “the Man” Musial and Albert Pujols.
 Nice looking card of two of the greatest Redbirds. It will be interesting to see whose cap Albert chooses when he enters the Hall of Fame.

Fuji also included some gold Joe Kelly, Mike Perez, and Bernard Gilkey.  I have to say the Topps Cards Your Mom Threw Out is one of my favorite inserts.
My dad told me bout his mother throwing his baseball cards out after he moved out. Bummer really, I could imagine the Bowmans and early Topps that he must have had. I am pretty sure Fuji noticed this but the two blue serial numbered 2011 Topps Opening Day Albert Pujols and Colby Rasmus (how is Toronto treating you?) are both #1025 out of 2011. What are the odds!



The best card of the bunch? Drum roll please is….
Many thanks Fuji!.

4 comments:

  1. Nice scores from Fuji. Especially like his personal Topps card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is even an auto, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the cards arrived safely. Sorry about that delay... I always seem to be a little behind the times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry I am the worst procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete