1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

eBay Pick up of the week.

Yes I know it is only Tuesday but since I haven't been bidding much I know no other card will be better than this 2014 Gypsy Queen Carlos Martinez auto. I don't generally buy any Cardinals' autos because they tend to be more $ than I want to spend on non-Yadis. But I put a bid in for this card for the heck of it really. If I don't win it is OK if I do it is a steal. So for little more that than the price of a Opening Day blaster I picked up this Carlos Martinez auto plus three others, Pettibone of the Phillies, Webster of the Bo Sox, and some guy named Jake Odorizzi of the Rays. Jake is from a small town across the river (highland) from STL in Illinois. Highland a town of less than 10K in population produced three other Major Leaguers Ken Oberkfell former Cardinals and World Series champion (1982), Harry Parker, pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals, New York Mets and Cleveland Indians; Aaron Rakers, relief pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles and San Diego Padres. All but the Martinez card is up for trade.


3 comments:

  1. My dream would be to collect the four Athletics in this set: Stewart, Henderson, and the Bash Brothers. It probably won't happen... but hopefully I'll be able to at least grab the Rickey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bash brothers were so freaking great to watch. I hope you are able to get at least the Rickey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started watching a couple on eBay. We'll see if I can fit it into my budget.

      Delete