1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Thursday, April 21, 2016

TriStar Recap Part Due


One of my goals was to pick up some Redbird vintage cards to work towards completing team sets.
As I indicated in the previous post the $1 stacks had some nice baseball cards. I was able to add a few to our collection. I didn’t take the time to look at my needs list since a bargain is a bargain and if I already had the card perhaps I could upgrade.

 I also visited a dealer that I had at the previous TriStar show-he had solid vintage Topps at reasonable prices from $2 to $20. I stuck to the $2 and $5 cards.  I visited another guy who had some nice cards but not much of what I was looking for. I was able to bargain a little on three cards which probably got me to the price I would otherwise be willing to pay for them. I thought it would be best to show the cards by year and not by dealer-




1959 Topps- #59 Irv Noren, #278 Chuck Essegian (White Back), #285 Joe Cunningham (White Back), and #539 Gary Blaylock.
1960 Topps #101 Bob Miller.

From the $1 stacks 1961 Topps #91 Walt Moryn and #420 Ernie Broglio “Brock for Broglio”-I already had these cards and when I process these purchases I will hopefully be able to upgrade,

1963 Topps #206 Ray Washburn set me back $2 and is nice condition.

I know there are some debates among collectors which Topps set of the1960s is the most attractive and perhaps I will do my own ranking someday. But regardless I have to place the 1964 issue close to the top of the heap. I really appreciate the vivid color, the simple but impactful fronts and the decent backs. Some day when I win the lottery I will buy the complete set.

For $1 I added the following 1964 cards. Carl Sawatski, Ernie Broglio, Photo Team, Gary Kolb, Ray Sadecki, Ron Taylor, Ray Washburn, and Jeoff Long. Had some of these as well-but they are in fantastic condition.

 


Next post will pick up with 1965 and finish up with the vintage. Then a review of some dime box and other finds, then a recap and a review of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment