1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

New Year, New Post-


WOW has it really been nearly two months since I last posted? Unbelievable and disappointing, none the less here we are about a month until pitchers and catchers report.  I hope everyone had a safe and joyous holiday season. We went back to the STL to spend the holidays with my parents and of course this coincided with a historic flood. The suburban town (Fenton) I am from was on the news a great deal as was the neighboring city of Valley Park. We were flooded in but not out-my parents live on a large hill far from the flooding-so we were able to get out and meet friends the first two days after that-then we couldn’t leave the little town I am from (though food , craft beer, and STL style pizza was easily had)-which was a bummer as we had planned to hit the Cardinals’ Hall of Fame and gift shop down at Busch, then hit a couple of breweries and a world famous soul food restaurant, but alas no. Again, no complaint as we weren’t sandbagging for our lives.
 


While flooded in I was able to hit my parent’s basement where I discovered I had some 1977, 1978,and 1979 Topps football cards and by the looks of it a large number of them. However, we were loaded down with STL beer and Italian sausage for the return trip and I wasn’t able to take them home.
 
I plan on writing a 2016 collecting goals and review of the previous year. I am looking forward to the card show at Serramonte Mall later this month and hope that it bounces back as there aren’t any other options around here. Perhaps (Yes, Fuji went to one) Sacramento has some card shows? I hope I don’t have to find out.

Here are the first Yadi card picked up in 2015, the last, and the best. The first was a gold parallel of his base card from the 2015 Topps Mini #23/63
, the last was a die-cut 10th Anniversary A&G from the National,
and the best was a one of one A&G glossy-mini which set me back $30 which was the most expensive card of the year too. Until next time-cheers and Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. I had family from Colorado that could not pass through I270 a few days after Christmas because of the floods. Good to hear your family's house was ok.

    I will be going to the Cardinals Winter Warm Up this weekend. Anything in particular you want me to look for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I appreciate it-any odd ball issues are welcome, I love those crazy oddballs-I hope the Winter Warm Up is as good I think it must be-on our bucket list. Have a great time.

      Delete
  2. Will keep my eye open. There is a card vendor area, but as you can imagine you pay a premium for Cardinals. If you have a Molina have list, shoot me an email with it or post a link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the flooding. Hope your family is safe and sound. I'll see you in a few weeks at Serramonte. Lol... this time I'll make sure to bring the box of Cardinals I've been holding for you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji looking forward to seeing you in two meeks Happy New Year to you.

      Delete