1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Friday, January 15, 2016

When you come to a fork in the road take it part 1


On the path of life there are often forks in the road that leads you to one career or another. I “walked” up to the proverbial fork in the road and choose a path to become a licensed clinical social worker. The other fork would have led me to a career as an archivist-at least I would have hoped so.  One of our longest and dearest friends is an incredible archivist-formally of the University of California Berkley’s Bancroft Library and now at another UC nearer to us.  I mean I love books, history, organizing etc. Well needless to say I didn’t become one. What does this have to do with the Redbirds or cards? Really not much except I love Topps’ Archives Autographs and unconsciously, well maybe not-have picked up as many of the different Topps Archives autos as possible paying much less than the cost of blasters for them which means no Whitey, Brock, Gibby, Willie, or those expensive 2015 Archives Signature cards.

This will be a series of 2-3 posts-probably with little verbiage except for the cards. I am going to group them by era-or at least to some degree. I will also do away with the distinction between Fan Favorites, Reserve, etc except in rare cases.

So here we go 1950s, 60s, and 70s Redbirds including two HOFers for less than the cost of a blaster;


Topps 1954 Archives Cot Deal  Thank you Fuji!

2001 Topps Archives Reserve Enos Slaughter   
2001 Topps Archives Red Schoendienst

2001 Topps Archives Reserve Al Hrabosky           

2004 Topps Archives Fan Favorites Al Hrabosky

2013 Topps Archives Fan Favorites Al Hrabosky

2 comments:

  1. Great collection. Topps Archives autographs are one of my favorite things to collect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their old designs though the early 2000s Archives and Reserve seem more classy. I have given up on a few-but will keep trying.

      Delete