1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Check Out My (Oscar) Cards

October 26, 2014 is a date many Cardinals’ fans will not forget. It was the day the life of the “El Fenómeno” Oscar Taveras was tragically cut short.  Not sure how it is happening, sure I know how, but I have begun to gather OT autographs. These are not expensive and of course there will not be anymore. Recently COMC had a Spring Cleaning sale. Now I don’t buy much of anything from the website-and this would be only my second purchase. I think for me COMC is best for autos and game used/relic cards.  Prices for these are often better than on the Bay.
I scanned through the pages of Cardinals’ autos and had a basic search parameter of less than $5 autos. What I noticed among the scores of former minor leaguers, AKA “busts” and current “busts” such as Matt Adams, Joe Kelley, Shelby Miller, etc. there were several reasonably priced OT autos.  I checked my spreadsheet to see what was needed and what was not and I found these were the ones to add to our collection. There are over 350 autographed OT cards. Below are the COMC autos purchased (please note most of the images below were borrowed from COMC)

2014 Bowman Platinum Blue Refractor #92/199, 2014 Bowman Platinum Autographed Prospects Green Refractor #398/399,
2014 Panini Prizm Purple #44/99, 2014 Topps Mini, 2013 Panini Prizm (smudged auto), 2014 Bowman Inception Prospect, Ditto but Gold #72/99, and 2014 Bowman Sterling Rookie Autograph Magenta Refractor #27/99.



Other OT autos in the collection

2013 Bowman Sterling - Prospect Autographs
2014 Bowman Chrome - Rookie Autographs Blue Refractors #012/150
2014 Bowman Platinum - Prospect Autographs
2014 Bowman Sterling - Rookie Autographs
2014 Donruss - Turn of the Century Signatures
2014 Topps Chrome - Rookie Autographs
2014 Stadium Club - Autographs


No comments:

Post a Comment