1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A new Yadi, a new Yadi!

First, a shout out to the American League Champions the Cleveland Indians! I like the Blue Jays too, and would have rooted for them but it has been a long time for Cleveland. Now I am hopeful the Dodgers will be their opponents.
It has been a long time since we added a new Yadi card to our collection, or should I say a new Yadi that isn’t a base card. Over the last few months I have been keeping my eyes out for the Instavision Highlights insert from 2016 Stadium Club. Most of the ones I have seen pop up have been, let us say not cheap. I may have written this before but Yadi cards have been very very hard to locate for reasonable prices-kind of like tulipmania, I have kind of given up. However, when a Gold parallel version numbered to 25 came up I put it on my watch list. When it came close to ending and it was still at the opening price of $3.99 I put a bid in of $4.00. Luck would have it I won! According to Cardboard Connection the regular version is one per case, so who knows the odds of the #ed version. In this case this is numbered 11/25.

It is an interesting card, with a Yadi shot of him holding his bat, then an inset of him running pumping his fist.  The inset is kind of like a still from a celluloid film clip. Pretty cool. The back tells us that this was from his at bat in the top of the 9th in game 7th of the 2006 LCSW against the Mets. Who could forget that home run? With only 6 during the regular season. You can see his fantastic home run here

5 comments:

  1. That is a great deal. I see Yadi cards go for crazy amounts. Great find my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card. I remember seeing a few online when Stadium Club first came out. Congrats on the great deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray, It has made me think about getting a box to break

      Delete
  3. Great card for a great price. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete