1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Acts of Kindness #4

As we prepare for Gint a Cuffs 2015 I thought I would post another set of autos sent by David. Here are the veterans-Kolten has had a very good year so far. 51 Runs, 11 HRs, 42 RBIs, 11 bases swiped, .275 BA, and a .431 Slg %. He has also been a wonderful defensive player. I always appreciate getting his autographs. We currently have 5 autos including this one a 2014 Topps Stadium Club. I seem to always pull a Kolten either myself or through a group break which makes me happy.
 
Now one of the Birds having a rough year. Matt Adams.  However, I think he can bounce back-but since I don't have a scanner you will have to take my word that David sent this one (2015 Panini Prizm) out to us.
 
David also sent an auto (2012 Gypsey Queen) of one of our favorite former Cardinals-Allen Craig. It has been very difficult for us to watch the demise of Allen, whom we call Cal because he attended UC Berkeley and was a Social Work major. In 48 years I haven't seen such a slide-well except for Brad Lidge after Albert took him deep in the LCS in 2005. After an unsuccessful stint with Boston following his trade last year he has been at Pawtucket where he is currently not doing so well. He has scored 20 runs, had 59 hits, 2 home runs, 18 RBIs, and has a batting average of .266 in 263 PA. I fear that he will not last much more than this year in the Boston system, even if they owe him some $$$.  Thank you again David!



2 comments:

  1. Gypsy Queen, Stadium Club, and on-card autographs. Now that's a sweet trifecta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed-I used to be on the fence with sticker autos-but man they look cheap

    ReplyDelete