1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Monday, October 27, 2014

Cardinal Nation mourn loss of Oscar Taveras

This from the Cardinals' email blast.

"The St. Louis Cardinals offer condolences to the family of Oscar Taveras, the 22 year old Cardinals Outfielder, who was killed earlier today in an automobile accident in the Dominican Republic.

"We are all stunned and deeply saddened by the tragic loss of one of the youngest members of the Cardinals family," Cardinals Chairman Bill DeWitt Jr. said. "Oscar was an amazing talent with a bright future who was taken from us well before his time. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends tonight."

"I simply can't believe it," said John Mozeliak, Sr. VP & GM of the St. Louis Cardinals. "I first met Oscar when he was sixteen years old and will forever remember him as a wonderful young man who was a gifted athlete with an infectious love for life who lived every day to the fullest."

The team will provide additional information on funeral arrangements at a later time."

I know I haven't been posting much, more out of having to study for a final license exam and helping my wife get through her midterms, than a loss of desire. But I was actually preparing a posting featuring the Taveras autos I picked up this year. I feel horrible for his family, friends, and for Cardinal Nation. He had so  much pressure on him to be a star and I know he would have been but we will never know how good he would have become. Thankfully we don't experience this more in sports. In our personal lives all too often this is common. His exciting swing and our two Taveras autos.




3 comments:

  1. Between Darryl Kile and Josh Hancock, you guys have gone through a lot of heartache over the last decade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only think if the Cards would won the NCLS he would be alive. I am sad but I couldn't imagine what his and his girlfriend's families are going through.

    ReplyDelete