1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Law of Diminishing Returns

According to the internet the Law of Diminishing Results is;

"used to refer to a point at which the level of profits or benefits gained is less than the amount of money or energy invested."

This past weekend the thrice annual Serramonte Toy and Card show was held-the mostly usual pattern of mine was broken slightly, more on this later. My usual pre drive McD's, coffee and pastry upon arrival, and about 4 hours on the floor. However, I think I may have said before but as a single team and single sport-for the most part- limits the amount of cards and the price point of such cards has increased every show-I typically spend as much getting there as there. HOWEVER, I will continue to attend as long as they have it so I can support the dealers that do show up. Following the show I drove through SF, over the Bay Bridge
, stopped by a brewery (Ale Industries in Oakland)

then on to the Saturday A's Game. It was Star Wars Night which was pretty cool (you can see the back of my wife's head) as people scramble for a spot on the field to watch the show.

It was during the National Anthem that the first MLB player "took a knee", though I didn't see it.

This will be a few part series as I will be Incog a few days. So let us start with the new Yadis I added-poor guy may miss the next several days.

2017 Donruss Optic Blue #36/299


2017 Topps Chrome Pink
2017 Topps Chrome Prizm

6 comments:

  1. That Chrome Prizm Yadi is sweet. I kinda regret not going to the show now. I almost went to that game... but my friend's daughter got sick, so we cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guy, I think is your guy too-$2 Autos and Relics-it was a good show-missed ya

      Delete
  2. Sorry to miss the mall show, conflict with my golf club championship tournament weekend again. Glad you made it to Ale Industries; know you've hit all the breweries in San Leandro, so when can I get you on the Livermore brewery tour (which now includes 4 different ones)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do Livermore I have been hearing some good things about it.

      Delete
  3. Yadi should sit out the rest of the year. I know he wants to play, but the team is going nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, what a waste-out with a little fan fare this season

      Delete