1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Saturday, July 30, 2016

I am a Winner, I am a Winner

A number of years ago we took our nephews and nieces to put put golf down in San Diego and after a round of go karts a little blonde boy, probably 4 years old or so, won. He got out of the car and proclaimed  while pointing "I beat you", "I beat you!" with his dad not stopping him from doing so. I wonder what kind of person he grew up to be? None the less I am a winner, or one of several of a contest held by Corky, over at Pack War. What generosity, so what did I win? Some excellent items most of which, 99%, were added to the Redbird collection.

First up, 1993 Upper Deck Runnin’ Redbirds. I really appreciate the design of the card-the sunset in the background with Geronimo Pena, Ray Lankford, Ozzie, and Bernard Gilkey. Dear Topps I want fan favorite autos of Gilkey and Pena! Ray was interviewed during a recent Redbird game and he is still involved with the team-I wish he was a little more involved-he spent nearly his entire 13 year career with the Birds.

From 2014 Topps Heritage  Gateway Arch-for those that haven't been to the Arch you can go to the top and look out. You do this by taking an elevator that holds a couple of people. I cannot get my wife to go to the top-not sure I would do it now as it does freak me out-but the view is fantastic.
2001 Fleer Team Leaders Albert.
2000 Fleer 3000 Hits The Man. Fantastic card, this is a box hit from 2000 Fleer Focus odds being 1:36 packs. There is a relic version  which would be sweet-I will be on the look out for it a good price. 
2013 Topps Opening Day Fredbird. Who can't love this mascot-
2013 Cooperstown Green Shard Red. He is very excited with about his gloves.
2011 Gypsy Queen Rogers Green and 2011 Gypsy Queen Rogers Home Run Heroes. He is one of those players that I would have loved to see-but also how would he have performed in the desegregated era of baseball?

1989 Bazooka Vince Coleman and Todd Zeile. Back in the day I worked at a grocery store and bought a ton of Bazooka boxes to get these, fool! 

 2007 Topps Flashback Fridays Albert. I think these are very interesting. From what I understand they were LCS give aways.
Speaking of LCS give aways. There is a special place in my heart for the Spring Fever cards and here is a beauty from 2013-Stan Musial.
Corky threw in some cool oddballs. First one is a Andrew Jones 1997 Topps Screen Play. What a trip, it is pretty cool and originally sold for $4. Nestled in foam in the inside is Screen Play. Pretty darn cool-I don't see any Redbirds on the checklist-no surprise. I am not taking the protective film off of it. 
This is what it would look like if I did. 
He also included the lid from a tin of 2005 Upper Deck Legends with Satchel Paige-pretty cool.
I have saved the best for last! A 2016 Donruss 1982 Pink Yadi! Finally I can add a new Yadi to the collection. Fantastic!

Thank you so much Corky for your generosity and your blog!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Hearing about that kid totally annoyed me. I don't blame the 4 year old too much. I mean, he's 4 years old. On the other hand... the dad bugs. I guess I have issues, b/c I've dealt with kids who need to work on their sportsmanship and most of the time, I look towards their parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Cool cards from Corky.

      Delete
    2. I couldn't imagine the BS you have to put up with from parents

      Delete