1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Ahoy! Card show in a box part 1.

It has been a little while friends but I am now back from a watery get away. We went on an early 10th Anniversary (August) 10 day cruise roundtrip from San Francisco to Alaska and we got back on Thursday. A few pictures from the trip-the view from our balcony before leaving SF. We saw about 6 whales and dolphins before leaving the Bay.
 
The view from above Juneau, Alaska and the Mendenhall Glacier outside Juneau,
Beer at the Skagway Brewing Company in Skagway-they were OK, and German night Buffett on the ship the same night-this speaks to either my German Heritage or my hunger.
Random day at sea view, and cruising through Glacier Bay National Park in style both from our balcony,
if you ever get to Ketchikan you must, you must stop here for the best ever Fish and Chips, period. Please note I already ate once piece BEFORE taking the picture!
One card related item. We stopped in Victoria, BC which I have been to a few times and during this trip we came across a Militaria store with a large number of non-sports cigarette cards-I didn't get any I don't need to go down that rabbit hole. The Saturday before the cruise we went to our fourth and final Copa America Soccer match between Mexico and Chile. We left when it was 6 nil Chile, and before we got to the light rail outside the stadium it was 7 nil. 
So what does this have to do with baseball or baseball cards you may ask? Good question, a few weeks before I left I picked up a 1500 card Cardinals lot from the Bay. Knowing I would miss the much anticipated Serramonte Mall show that only comes around three times a year I thought this would be my card show in a box. It set me back about what I would spend between driving to the show, having wonderful baked goods and coffee at the Danish bakery at the Mall prior to the show, then what I would spend on the cards themselves. Plus, I didn't open it until today so I had some anticipation. Here is what it looked like before and after I opened it,


 and what it looked like after a prelim sort out in to two groups-what we might need,
and what we might not need-I will go through these again.

2 comments:

  1. Missed ya @ Serramonte. Have a box of stuff for you. Hopefully I'll see you there in September. By the way... happy anniversary! Alaska looks beautiful! And that box of card isn't too shabby either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mark, missed you too. I really look forward to the show and should be there in September-funny how beautiful Alaska is. you think the TV shows you "how" it is. Thank you for the goodies and the congrats.

    ReplyDelete