1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Everyone's Favorites

It has been several months since I last post updates to our Topps Fan Favorites Auto pick ups-I added one Redbird-2003 Vince Coleman.
When I saw that Wally Moon was included on this year's checklist I knew I would pick up one but would need to wait out the initial rush of listings-after a few months of waiting I grabbed for a few bucks.
Mr. Fuji posted this card some time ago and I decided I "needed" this too. 2017 Billy Bean-several years back Billy came out as gay when that wasn't easy-unfortunately he had to wait UNTIL after his career-there are things I know of which is there are more gay men in baseball now, in the past, and in the future who haven't been able to come out. Hopefully some day it will be much easier for them to do so. Plus he is a Padres! on this card.
I remember him as a Redbird and I remember him being very popular-the grinder type of player that Redbird fans love. 2017 Joe Mac
Lastly, I grabbed this 2017 Mark Mulder-yes a man crush.

I look forward seeing the checklist for next year-Redbirds I would like to see? Lonnie Smith, Pags, Ted Simmons, Eli Marrero, Lance Berkman, So Taguchi, Rex Hudler,  Gary Gaetti, Todd Stottlemyre, Matt Morris, Andy and Alan Benis, and Pedro Guerrero. There are Bruce Sutter, Tim McCarver, Kieth Hernandez, and Willie McGee ones out there that pop up once in a while.

4 comments:

  1. I think you would be one of the few Cardinals fans with a Mulder crush. I know it will never be an Archives auto, but I would love to see a Darrell Porter cut auto. I second your vote on Pagnozzi and Simmons. Guess we have a love for catchers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mos def-probably the only (male) Cardinal Fan with a Mulder man crush-a Darell Porter cut auto would be special-I added a bat relic earlier this year.

      Delete
  2. Lonnie Smith & Ted Simmons would be the two cards at the top of my list. I have a Lonnie, but he's pictured with the Phillies. Definitely want one from his days in St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree-I think there must be some bad blood between Lonnie and the Redbirds since he is never ever involved in any celebrations of those 80s teams.

      Delete