1966 Topps Baseball Wantlist

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Jimmy, oh Jimmy you're so fine oh Jimmy, oh Jimmy. Better than a Blaster Edition

Admittedly I have a man crush on Jim Edmonds, perhaps it's his movie star good looks, his Orange County lifestyle (probably not),
 and/or his amazing defense and offense.


For what ever reason I really enjoyed Jimmy Ballgame when he played with the Birds. Unfortunately, he came to the Cardinals after I moved to Michigan so I didn't see him as much as I wish I could of. I will however ignore his time with the Cubs. I forgot which blogger asked a few years ago about who we have accidentally began a PC of. Well Jimmy is that guy for me.
So I pick up lots of his cards for reasonable prices. So for $8.80 I won a lot of 203 Jimmies. Though not all Redbirds I was able to add a number of Redbirds, Angels, and even a Padre to the unofficial PC. Out of 203 cards I added 111 in all, or 8 cents per. Here are some of my favorites.

2001 Upper Deck Gold Glove, 2006 Upper Deck Future Stars,


2004 Upper Deck Power Up Shining Through, 2002 Upper Deck Authentics,
2003 Playoff Prestige Connection,  2002 Fleer Focus Jersey Edition Larger than Life,

2002 Donruss Fan Club, and 2003 Topps Pristine. Now my favorite non-Redbirds;

1996 Leaf Limited, 1997 Leaf Warning Track #3389/3500

1996 Leaf Studio,  1997 Fleer Team Leaders Die Cut

1998 Pacific Invincible Checklist, 1995 UD Espy Award Winner Play of the Year, and last but not least 1996 UD You Crash the Game

2 comments:

  1. Edmonds was a solid player. Nice pickups. I'm especially fond of that 2001 UD Gold Glove card. Never seen that set before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. looking forward to seeing you next month. He unfortunately doesn't have the numbers to get him the HOF.

      Delete